At this rate you will have contributed more to the Mega Duck's library than the whole official library.
Mega Duck patch for Fydo's Magic Tiles (Game Boy)
A downloadable game
Fydo’s Magic Tiles (Game Boy game) patched to run on the Mega Duck
Applying the Patch
In order to use this patch you need to first purchase the ROM file.
It should have md5 checksum 119d2364ec0507fbb228d216beac4957 for the current late 2022 version of the ROM, or 053eb22cb5e14218a34a2ac1534deb0d for the 2022-09 version.
Once you have the ROM file you can use the online patcher (or any other patcher that supports UPS patches) at: https://www.romhacking.net/patch/
Running from a Flash Cart
In addition to what was required for the game to run on the Mega Duck hardware, the following changes were also made:
- Some things to compensate for the amount of motion blur and lower contrast on the MegaDuck OEM LCD
- Game cursor is thicker and darker so it shows up better
- Title screen stars move more slowly and are darker
- A few Nintendo/Game Boy to Megaduck text changes ;)
If an emulator is used to run the patched game then keep in mind that (at present) all known emulators for the Mega Duck do not emulate the audio hardware correctly and music will not sound right.
- Emulicious (dissasembling, debugging)
- hUGEye (hUGEDriver track header locating)
- Mega Duck Patched version of hUGEDriver (swap out Game Boy music driver for the Mega Duck one)
- RGBDS (assembler)
- ImHex (hex editor, rummaging through the binary)
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
If someone makes a Mega Duck flash cart with multiple banks (or a cart slot adapter so regular GB flash carts can be used) there will be a whole lot moorreeeeee. Lots of games larger than 32k that would fun to patch, but not much point in that until there's a way to run them on it.