i found the game on github i download the release 1.1
Petris for Gameboy Color / Game Gear / Analogue Pocket
Petris - A puzzle game of shapely pets for the Game Boy Color (CGB) / Sega Game Gear / Analogue Pocket
Build your favorite pets in all shapes and sizes, keep ahead of dropping pieces and make it to the next level.
- Physical Catridges of Game Boy Color version available at: Ferrante Crafts
There are several game play types to choose from:
- Long Pet - Complete progressively longer pets to reach the next level
- Tails Cleanup - Clear all tails off the screen per level
- Crunch-up - Keep ahead as the screen crunches upward and new pets appear
- Level Up - Classic level-up style
- Marathon - For the long distance player
Difficulty levels for all players, from relaxing to full-tilt speed:
- Easy / Normal / Hard / Expert / Beast
On real hardware and emulators you can play 2-Player link vs mode for any level (Crunch-up recommended).
* 2-Player link vs not yet available for Game Gear version.
* Web-based emulator version uses the Game Boy Color ROM
You can download the ROM file, run the Gameboy (or Game Gear) emulator in your browser or pick up a physical cartridge for the Game Boy Color version at Ferrante Crafts.
Note: If the downloadable ROM is run in an emulator instead of on hardware, the intro clouds may flicker unless frame-to-frame / temporal blending is turned on.
- Click to start and click again to set focus
- Start = Enter key
- L/R/D = Arrow keys
- Rotate: = Z, X
(This is a modified JS Game Boy emulator with gamepad support)
- Chrome / Firefox Mapping ( when "standard" gamepad available):
- Rotate = A, B
- Show Pet Length = Select button (Up button in Game Gear version)
- L/R/D = Use D-Pad
- Start = Start button
- Default mapping otherwise :
- Rotate = First two buttons
- Start and Select = Second two buttons
- Krümel (crumb) / GB Studio Community Assets - https://github.com/DeerTears/GB-Studio-Community-Assets (modified a lot)
Tools and Resources Used
- GBDK 2020 - https://github.com/Zal0/gbdk-2020/ (originally GBDK 2.95, later upgraded)
- BGB - https://bgb.bircd.org/
- Emulicious - https://emulicious.net/
- Game Boy Tile Designer - http://www.devrs.com/gb/hmgd/gbtd.html
- GIMP TileMap GB - https://github.com/bbbbbr/gimp-tilemap
- Game Boy Map Builder - http://www.devrs.com/gb/hmgd/gbmb.html
- GBT Player (modified to work with compression) - https://github.com/AntonioND/gbt-player
- A little code from ZGB - https://github.com/Zal0/ZGB
- Some GBDK patches by Toxa - https://github.com/untoxa
- UnaPACK aPack decompression by Toxa - https://github.com/untoxa
- apultra aPack compression - https://github.com/emmanuel-marty/apultra]
Analogue Pocket .pocket ROM:
Turn on "Frame Blending" in the Pocket's options menu, this simulates a Game Boy's LCD and changes the clouds on the intro screen from flickering to be semi-transparent like they should be.
|Tags||analogue-pocket, analoguepocket, analogue-pocket-rom, game-boy, Game Boy, game-boy-color, gameboy-color, Game Boy ROM, game-gear, gamegear-rom|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
|Player count||1 - 2|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
you can do for pc?
You can run it on a PC using any of the popular Game Boy Emulators (Emulicious, BGB, Same Boy, etc)
Worked great on my Pocket in the native .pocket format!
Been watching this game evolve for a while, and it's really amazing! I love the way its playing out! Hoping you will make some carts out of this beauty..!
Wow, what an unique and enjoyable game! It's so cool that you found those "long" animals that would really fit into the game. So much fun, so many possibilities! Thanks!
Absolutly great! I urge anyone reading this to play it!
This is really fun. Something about making these pets out of weird shapes is really enjoyable. Great music too
Great puzzle game. Perfect for the platform. Here my post about it on Vintage is The New Old! https://vintageisthenewold.com/petris-a-new-puzzle-game-of-shapely-pets-for-the-...